Re: [nv-l] MLM Command Policy "noSuchName"

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MLM Command Policy "noSuchName"
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 08:53:17 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 08:56:37 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
The Command MIB variables were supported by the old System Information Agent (SIA) - my guess would be that you don't have that installed as it was withdrawn many years ago. Does anyone know whether the SIA is still around?? If you want to have your SNMP agent run commands for you, I would be more tempted to look at using the Open Source net-snmp agent (also described in that white paper) - you may well be able to make that do what you want.

Cheers,
Jane

alejandro.gabay@reuters.com wrote:

Hi al,l we are running Solaris 8, NV 7.14 FP2 together MLM. After configuring MLM
according to Jane's Cuyry white paper (which is indeed a vey helpful guide for installing
MLM into a solaris box ). we found that although "Threshold policies" work fine
the Command policy could not be distribute (it says setting MIB variable .....  to XXXX .
Reason :noSuchName).

Does anyone have a clue of what might be going wrong?.

B. Regards
Alejandro

the views of Reuters Ltd.

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565