[nv-l] SMARTSETUTIL

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] SMARTSETUTIL
From: awatthey@mmm.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:57:20 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:57:56 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi,

I'm on Windows 2000 Server SP4 with Tivoli Netview V7.1.4 SP2.

When I do a 'ovobjprint -s nnn' command I get listed all the fields from
the database entry to do with object nnn.  Two of these objects have the
following names:

219 TopM Interface Count
225 TopM Interface List

I can issue the following command without problem and I get a list of all
the objects in the database having the particular value requested:
smartsetutil e "\"TopM Interface Count\" = \"3\""

However, when I issue the following command:
smartsetutil e "\"TopM Interface List\" ~ \"aaa\.bbb\.ccc\.ddd\""

I get the following error message:
nvCollectionEvaluate() in evalstring failed: Field is not a valid OVw field

What have I done wrong such that I cannot use the 'TopM Interface List'
field in smartsetutil?  I can use all the others.  Is there somewhere I can
update to allow smartsetutil to use this field?  Is it documented somewhere
as to which fields I can use and which I cannot?  Is this a bug I should
take up with support or a limitation I cannot get around?

Any feedback would be useful.

Regards,
Alan.