Re: [nv-l] snmpCollect

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] snmpCollect
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@kardinia.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:25:01 +1100
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:33:51 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
At 02:50 PM 28-01-05 +0000, you wrote:
Hi list,

I have experienced a problem. When I made some changes on some of the
parameters and stop/(re)start all daemons, my snmp data collection doesn't
work properly anymore. I mean when I see the tracefile (snmpCol.trace), it
does the job, but no data stored in the /usr/OV/databases/snmpCollect
directory (neither when I show data from the Tools..SNMP collection menu).
Sometimes a reboot (stop/start daemons) does help, sometimes not. Could
someone give a hint? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
David

When you see no data is being stored, what does ovstatus show about snmpCollect? Is it still running?

When you say no data is being stored, do you mean there are files in ...../snmpCollect but they are not growing or do you mean that no files have been created?

I would try backing off all the changes. Restore the original parameters. Make sure things are working again. Then make the changes one at a time and observe the effect.

I don't know what changes you have made. If for example you have set NumberConcurrentSnmp to a very high value your system may not be able to cope.

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software
jfernand@kardinia.com
www.kardinia.com