RE: [nv-l] Mis-delete connection

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Mis-delete connection
From: "Colin Mulkerrins" <Colin.Mulkerrins@anpost.ie>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:06:24 -0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:06:57 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
David,

It should not affect the existing database.  If the objects exist
already, reloading the seed file should have no ill effect, it will only
add any objects listed which are not already defined in the DB.  You can
also load the objects manually using the loadhosts command (man
loadhosts gives a good description)

This is the case in my environment anyway - I would suggest that you try
any changes in your test environment first.  (I know I keep saying it
but if you have a highly customised NetView environment it can be a real
pain to have to start from scratch... (Been there, done that, now keep
it as simple as possible :-))

Regards

Colin Mulkerrins
Enterprise Systems Management