Re: [nv-l] Migration from AIX to Solaris

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Migration from AIX to Solaris
From: George deSocio <desocio@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:57:52 -0500
Cc: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com, owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:58:25 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hello Gerardo,

What you would like to do is not a supported or tested process or configuration.

But this is worth a try:

1. On the AIX system, use serversetup to create a backup selective data for migration file system.  This will create the /usr/OV.back.v7r1/* filesystem that is used to feed your current configuration and databases into an upgrade installation.

2. Copy the filesystem to your Solaris 9 system.

3.  Important:  Remove the file /usr/OV.back.v7r1/conf/ovors

4. Install NetView upgrade on Solaris 9.  This will migrate in existing data.  I can't think of any files that are backed-up that will not work this way.

This is your test, so please don't lose your /usr/OV.back.v7r1 filesystem on your AIX box until you have it backed up, and you are satisfied the Solaris migration worked for you.

We have not tried this.  Also it is not tested in product installation testing.

Tell me if it works, or tell me what problems you run into :-)

Regards,
Geo.

George deSocio
IBM Americas Support - Distributed Network Management
Dept 46-E1ZA
IBM B660  CC109
HWY 54 & 600 Park Offices
Research Triangle Park, NC  27709

"Gerardo Ruiz Garcia" <gerardo_ruiz@inicia.es>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

02/09/2005 12:38 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Migration from AIX to Solaris

We are going to migrate a Netview 7.1.1 in AIX 4.3.3 to a Solaris 9 system.
AFter the installation of Netview in Solaris, it is possible to untar directory
databases/openview from AIX to Solaris  in order to avoid discover again
all the network and create all submaps.
Thanks

San Valentín se acerca, encuentra pareja y disfruta del día de los enamorados.

Juega ahora a la máquina del amor en Tiscali Amor y Amistad y gana ¡7 días
gratis!

http://match.tiscali.es/match/shared/Valentines2005/SPEURO/TISCALIES/TISCALIES.htm