Re: [nv-l] Mibs for Enterasys

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Mibs for Enterasys
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:41:23 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:42:12 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
You can use SNMP V2 MIBs - it's just that they have been taken off the NetView GUI. Use xnmloadmib2 to load V2 mibs and xnmbrowser2 to browse V2 mibs. If you want to do data collection on V2 MIBs, the Data Collection and Thresold GUI doesn't handle this but you can simply enter the MIB-2 values you want to collect, directly into /usr/OV/conf/snmpCol.conf.

I have added an enhancement request to the NetView Tivoli User Group enhancements page to have the V2 loader and browser menus restored to the GUI. (You can do this yourself by editing the registration files).
Cheers,
Jane

Eduardo Oliveira Scricco (Service) wrote:

Hi all,

Netview 7.1.4 for Windows

I'm trying to get mibs for Enterasys VH switchs, but i've only found
snmpv2 mibs at http://www.enterasys.com/support/mibs/

- How can I get this mibs? Or
- Is there a way to use SNMPV2 mibs at Netview?

Thanks for your attention,
Eduardo

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2005 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights