Re: [nv-l] host added by loadhost loaded into two different MLMs

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] host added by loadhost loaded into two different MLMs
From: alejandro.gabay@reuters.com
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:37:40 -0300
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:41:37 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Jane:
Thank for your prompt response.

On the MLM status table we see the following:
*******************
Netview MLM
Name:
NV100.1.1.60.1           enabled

Resolved group:
129.11.50.1  129.11.50.11   129.11.50,26    172.16.0.9 172.16.0.20
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....
******************
NT MLM
Name:
NV100.1.1.60.1          enabled

Resolved group:
129.11.50.1  129.11.50.11   129.11.50,26    192.168.110
*******************

The Netview MLM has no access to 129.11.50.X. This MLM is running on the same
Netview Solaris Machine where NV7.1.4 is installed.

Any clue?

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay

                      Jane Curry

                      <jane.curry@skills        To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

                      -1st.co.uk>               cc:

                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: [nv-l] host added
by loadhost loaded into two different MLMs
                      owner-nv-l@lists.u

                      s.ibm.com                 Header:
              Internal Use Only

                      04/03/2005 09:53

                      Please respond to

                      nv-l

Not sure I understand your MLM scenario here. Are you saying that both
MLMs are doing status polls for the same nodes?  What's in the MLM
Status tables (not just the alias tables).  MLMs only do ping polling -
they can't do snmp polling - so if one of you MLMs in the other side of
a ping-blocking firewall then he will see the nodes as down.

On servmon - no way does MLM play with servmon.
Cheers,
Jane

alejandro.gabay@reuters.com wrote:

>Hi.
>We have a Netview 7.1.4 FP2 Solaris 8,connected to two MLM's. Netmon is
>configured to do discovery and polling through MLM
>One MLM is running on a separate network behind a firewall.
>
>When we load new hosts by the command loadhost, we see that both MLM load the
>hosts in their configuration (we can see it on the smconfig/MLM Alias Table).
>Thus one MLM reports that the node is up and the second reports that the node
>is down.
>
>Does anyone know what might be going wrong?
>
>Another question, Can Servmon poll services through MLM?.
>
>B. Regards
>Alejandro Gabay

>        Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com
>
>To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit
>http://www.reuters.com/productinfo
>
>Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
>sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
>the views of Reuters Ltd.

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2005 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.