Re: [nv-l] NetView on SuSE 9

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView on SuSE 9
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:07:49 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:08:19 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Jane,
Stupid question, but I gotta ask, did you install the pdksh from the NetView CD?
Some of these sound like they may be related(2and3).

Paul

Jane Curry wrote:

I have NetView 7.1.4 FP2 on SuSE 9.1 Professional (not strictly a supported platform). I am seeing the following issues. I would be very interested to compare notes with anyone else running NetView on a modern Linux platform - particularly if anyone has a supported SLES 9 environment:
1) servmon repeatedly dies silently with "Exiting for unknown reason"
2) Using serversetup to configute TEC forwarding hangs forever (other serversetup functions OK) 3) Using File -> Save Map As hangs forever and eats CPU (RedHat 7.2 crashes the ovw process on this)
4) The snmpserver daemon often seems to get parented by process 1
5) The online manuals don't work

The default scripts end up with both server processes and GUI running in an environment with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1. I have tried fixing this to 2.2.5 but it doesn't appear to improve any of these issues.

Cheers,
Jane