[nv-l] mib2trap on dell array mib

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] mib2trap on dell array mib
From: "Jorge Jiles" <jorge.jiles@ualberta.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:49:14 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:52:53 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Netview 7.1.4 Solaris 9

I ran the mib2trap script against the dell array mib (arymgr.mib) and got error messages complaining about the CATEGORY defined in the mib (see bellow) If I remove the CATEGORY statement from the mib file, the mib2trap script runs ok and trapd.conf gets updated with the new trap definitions entries.

   Is there something magic about the CATEGORY statement that I’m not aware of???

pv660fEvent_CTLDEV_NEGOTIATION_CACHE_SIZE has been added

 is not valid category.

pv660fEvent_PHYSDEV_HOT_SPARE_SMALLER has been added

 is not valid category.

pv660fEvent_SES_ERR has been added

 is not valid category.

pv660fEvent_ENC_SES_ERR has been added

 is not valid category.

fsysPro_DISK_CAPACITY_WARNING has been added

 is not valid category.

.

.

These are the category types for traps definitions in the mib file.

--#CATEGORY  "Status Events"

--#CATEGORY  "Error Events"

--#CATEGORY  "IGNORE"

.