[nv-l] Backup/Restore Netview from one server to another server...

To: "Netview - List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Backup/Restore Netview from one server to another server...
From: "D'Apice, Domenico" <D.D'Apice@SAQ.qc.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:54:44 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:55:11 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello All,

we need to move our netview application (aix 5.2 with netview 7.1.3 fixpack
1) to another server (the old server will be removed) and i need to validate
the procedure i will doing :

Both server are in the same subnet.

1- Close netview
2- Do a entire nvbackup of /usr/OV and also of the file /etc/snmpd.conf
3- Restore the backup to the new server
4- Do a reset_ci
5- Modify the "wlookup -ar NetViewServer" data (i don't know how) and also
the  /usr/OV/conf/NetViewServerOID file (of the restored server)

Now, what happen to the old Netview :

a- if i do a wlsinst -ah the old netview should be there, do i only need to
do a "wrmnode" to delete it from Tivoli database ?
b- If the restored netview to the new server work, do i need that netview be
registed in the wlsinst command or it is not madatory ?

thanks
Dominic D'Apice
* D.D'Apice@saq.qc.ca