Re: [nv-l] Discovery of nodes

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Discovery of nodes
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 07:51:08 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:50:57 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I assume you mean they are not being discovered. Have you discovered the
far side WAN router? Are you using a seedfile? Do you have the far side WAN
router in your seedfile? Do you have a range in your seedfile to cover the
discovery of that segment or subnet? Is your discover setting set to local
subnet only?

Please give us some additional information about your environment and Im sure
someone will be able to assist you.

Paul

ss tech wrote:

Hi list users,

I am working with NetView 7.1.4 on AIX 5.1. I have a
problem in discovery of the nodes across the WAN that
comprise the network, eventhough I am able to ping to
them and do a snmpwalk.  The nodes on my LAN are being
discovered.

I have a second installation of NetView 7.1.3 on a
different server running AIX 5L and everything shows
up on it perfectly.

Could someone tell me what I need to do to sort out
this issue.

Thanks,

SS

__________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger Show us what our next emoticon should look like. Join the fun. http://www.advision.webevents.yahoo.com/emoticontest