Re: [nv-l] NV 7.1.4 FP3 - new Linux CD

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NV 7.1.4 FP3 - new Linux CD
From: Mark Sklenarik <marksk@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 13:46:43 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:47:13 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Jane,
All you require is the FP3 Linux Tar file to apply Fix Pack 03 to your system.

Place tar.Z in a temporary directory on machine, then execute following:
  1. "cd /tmpdir"
  2. "zcat [NV.....platform.tar.Z] | tar -xvf - install"
  3. "/usr/OV/bin/ovstop" - (this is not require, since the fix pack install script will do it for you, but I like to be in control.  Also check to make sure all deamons and jre processes for OV exit.)
  4. "./install"

The new CD that did ship with FP3,  is for a fresh install on the newly support zLinux on s390x (64 bit zLinux) platforms, (Red Hat 3.0 and SLES 9 on s390x 64bit zLinux).  Prior to this CD, the install of NetView 7.1.4 would fail if attempted on zLinux 64 bit s390x systems.    This new zLinux 64 bit CD, installs NetView 7.1.4 at the Fix Pack 03 level as the base NetView.

This is the same as with NetView 7.1.4 Fix Pack 2 fresh install CD for  Red Hat 3.0 and SLES 9 on i386 and s390 Linux (31bit).

Mark F Sklenarik
IBM SWG Tivoli Solutions   Quality Assurance    Business Impact Management and Event Correlation  Software Quality Engineer

Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

04/06/2005 12:56 PM
Please respond to

cc
Subject
[nv-l] NV 7.1.4 FP3 - new Linux CD

I already have the old "new" base CD for RHEL 3 / SLES 9 NetView 7.1.4
Fixpack 2.  I want to upgrade to NV 7.1.4 FP3.  I'm not sure from the
FP3 readme whether I have to get ANOTHER new base Linux CD or can I just
download the Linux FP3 and apply that to my existing SuSE 9 NV7.1.4 FP2???

Anyone have a definitive answer??
Thanks,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565