Re: [nv-l] Ruleset for Node Down/Up for aa Dynamic Workspace

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Ruleset for Node Down/Up for aa Dynamic Workspace
From: Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 10:10:48 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:11:45 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thanks James,
I have done the change that you'd suggested, that did
not resolve my problem.
This what I have discovered:
1 - When a Router is declared down, that means all its
interfaces are down, that is when you get a "Node
Down" event.

2 - When the node gets back up but all interfaces are
not up yet, You get a "Node Marginal" event, not a
"Node Up" event as expected by the Workspace's Ruleset
in order to clear the "Node Down" event.

Q1: Any Ideas how you can solve this? It does not look
good to the Customer when you have a "Node Down" event
while the Node is pingable.