Re: [nv-l] Data collection

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Data collection
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:05:56 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:06:32 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Your list entry won't tell you (or anyone else) anything.
"C server-name 900 0.000000 0.000000 xA s 58720263 LIST 0".
just means that for this server that you are trying to collect the
preceding MIB variable every 900 seconds and that you have no thresholds
defined for it.   All that is basically explained in the comments at the
top of the snmpCol.conf file.

If you want to find out why a collection is not occurring, then you have to
look at the /usr/OV/log/snmpCol.trace file.  If you wish you can issue,
      snmpCollect -T
to dynamically turn on tracing of more than just errors, and
      snmpCollect -V
to make that tracing even more verbose.

If you still cannot figure it out, I'd call Support.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "Liu, David"
             <david.liu@eds.co
             Sent by:                  "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'"
             owner-nv-l@lists.         <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             us.ibm.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/19/2005 08:23          [nv-l] Data collection
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Dear list,

I have experienced a strange (I can't explain) thing which need your
advice.

When I add one server for colleting sysUpTime data and tested with success,
but there is no data stored in the /usr/OV/databases/snmpCollect directory.
The entry in my snmpCol.conf is "C server-name 900 0.000000 0.000000 xA s
58720263 LIST 0".

I use the management port of that device for snmp access because rest of
the
interfaces are not snmp accessible (can be pinged).

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
David Liu