RE: [nv-l] Availability reporting from NetView

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Availability reporting from NetView
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:55:13 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:55:51 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

If you export environment variables in netnmrc.pre, then they should get
picked up by ovspmd (the first daemon up) when he is started by netnmrc,
and all the other daemons he starts inherit from him.  In all environments
except zLinux you can issue "trapd -T" to toggle trapd tracing on and trapd
will write his inherited environment out to /usr/OV/log/trapd.trace.  If
trapd shows that he has the environment variables you exported set
correctly, then you can be sure netmon and all the others do too.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "Bursik, Scott
             {PBSG}"
             <Scott.Bursik@pbs                                          To
             g.com>                    "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'"
             Sent by:                  <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [nv-l] Availability reporting
             04/19/2005 10:43          from NetView
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Jane,

Thanks for that information. I am going to run it through my test
environment and see what it can do.

I have a simple question. How do I know that the NMAVAILABILITY environment
variable has been picked up? I have never used netnmrc.pre before.

Thank You,

Scott Bursik
Enterprise Systems Management
PepsiCo Business Solutions Group