RE: [nv-l] xnmsnmpconf

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] xnmsnmpconf
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 15:04:55 -0400
Cc: "'reamd@Nationwide.com'" <reamd@Nationwide.com>
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 May 2005 20:06:00 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Dave,
I've always done it the old-fashioned way.  It's been there forever.
"xnmsnmpconf -export myfile.conf"

Edit myfile.conf and delete everything except the last line.
Last line should be the global default: *.*.*.*:.....

Save a copy of your current ovsnmp.conf, just in case you change your mind and want it all back!

Then import it back in using "xnmsnmpconf -import myfile.conf"
Follow that up with "xnmsnmpconf -event" to notify all the apps that it has changed.

This will completely clear everything except the global default.

Don Davis