Re: [nv-l] Service Monitor

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Service Monitor
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 17:13:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 May 2005 17:14:05 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Servmon ought to do this just fine - I have used it to monitor all sorts of ports. servmon doesn't check what is listening on your port 5108 - just checks that it can connect to it. Are you sure you have the correct syntax in servmon.conf and have you stopped and started the servmon daemon? Check /usr/OV/log/servmon.log to see what is going on.
Cheers,
Jane

usman.taokeer@s-iii.com wrote:

Hi,

We have a custom made application which resides on a server, it has a "listener" service running on it on a port (5108). Can i use servmon to monitor that port for status updates whether the "listener" service is "Up" or "down" ? I tried but it only works with standard services like HTTP 80,8080 etc. I didn't detect the service on that Port. How can i monitor that service on Port 5108 using "Servmon"? I am using NetView 7.1.4 with FP3 on Windows.

Regards,

Usman Taokeer
Associate Network Architect
Si^3