[nv-l] Authorization Failure - format Error

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Authorization Failure - format Error
From: "Anvaj A B" <anvaj.aliyarukutty@ustri.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:52:46 +0530
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 May 2005 06:22:18 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I am using Netview 7.1.4 FP03 on Win2K Server.  I am getting quite lot of authorization failure from one of my Cisco PIX 515E firewall.  But from the message I am not able to find out the IP address of the device which is trying to access. I have checked the snmp configuration on NetView for this device and found everything correct, and Polling the device with correct string.

Below is the message. How will I identify the source IP?

authenticationFailure trap received from enterprise cisco with 0 arguments:  authAddr=FMT ERROR: accessing element #1, only 0 available

Best regards,

Anvaj Aliyarukutty

Global Network Operations Center (GNOC)

US Technology