Re: [nv-l] netmon exit codes/crashes

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netmon exit codes/crashes
From: George deSocio <desocio@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:01:33 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 01:02:10 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

33 is out of paging space, you can increase that using smitty easily.  fix that first and see what happens.

your os is awfully out of date and not supported, but you probably know that.

I've never heard of signal 0.

Regards,
Geo.

George deSocio
IBM Americas Support - Distributed Network Management
Dept 46-E1ZA
IBM B660  CC109
HWY 54 & 600 Park Offices
Research Triangle Park, NC  27709

Brett <bgillmore@gmail.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

06/07/2005 07:06 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] netmon exit codes/crashes

Greetings all,

First I was wondering if there was a list of what the exit codes mean?

Heres two that I keep getting and can't seem to figure it out.

Netmon exits on signal 0 and 33. (two different servers, both AIX 4.1,
and netview 7.1.4 FP03)
Netmon always seems to crash in the middle of the night and I checked
crontab and nothing seems to line up as far as that being the cause.
Also no logfile seems to be written to the /PD/cores/netmon directory
either.

I've run ovmapcount -a, and ovtopofix -a several times in the last few
days and still nothing.

Any Ideas?