Re: Réf. : Re: [nv-l] how to mamnage by snmp a service ?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Réf. : Re: [nv-l] how to mamnage by snmp a service ?
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@kardinia.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:56:24 +1000
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 02:07:42 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
At 04:42 PM 10-06-05 -0400, you wrote:

Hi James,

Thank you for explanation.
After compiling snmp v2  like snmp v1 , I have always the same message (
and I connot browse by MIB1) on most of fields : ....bad type

and error message like this  ' Unrecognized / unsupportd type 70'.

What means ?

I'll suggest that you supply more information on what you are doing. If you provide information on the exact commands you are using, everyone on the list will be glad to help.

Which of the three MIB loaders are you using?

What MIB file are you trying to load?

SNMP v2 defined new data types, so depending on which loader you are using this may be the problem.

I'll also suggest that when you move to a new topic in your email you change the Subject field, so that the thread references are correct.

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software
jfernand@kardinia.com
www.kardinia.com