Réf. : [nv-l] Ciscoworks Netview Integration

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Réf. : [nv-l] Ciscoworks Netview Integration
From: thierry.van-mol@ciev.vd.ch
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:37:27 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:38:19 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Just beware that the new CiscoWorks LMS 2.5 brings an undocumented
incompatibility
with Netview if you try to install them on the same box.

I used to run Netview and CW2000 on the same Solaris box. I tried to
upgrade
to LMS 2.5, and surprise, one of the CiscoWorks DFM daemons tries to use
the port 8888, which is used by Netview. This is not documented, and
until now, Cisco TAC could not provide a workaraound.

Thierry