[nv-l] AIX 5.2 /var over 80%

To: "nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com" <'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'>
Subject: [nv-l] AIX 5.2 /var over 80%
From: "Zoeckler, Eric A." <Eric.Zoeckler@us.ngrid.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:39:43 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:40:33 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

NV 7.1.4 AIX 5.2

Via support calls I picked up on the idea that when /var increases in size to about 80%, netview starts having problems.  This seems to be true as I have seen netview have miscelaneous problems and sure enough /var has grown to over 80%, the magic number.  When the AIX admins add and/or clear space netview immediately and noticeabley functions better, faster (we're running off the server via Hummingbird Exceed X-windows).  Does anyone have an understanding of what's going on with this? Or do you know of some docs on this subject?

Thank you!

Eric Zoeckler
IT Analyst
DCO/NCC
National Grid USA
7437 Henry Clay Blvd.
Liverpool, NY 13088
Eric.Zoeckler@us.ngrid.com
315-460-2519

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to National Grid and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply to this message and let the sender know.