Re: [nv-l] NetView Deamon don't send TRAPs ...

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView Deamon don't send TRAPs ...
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:03:14 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:03:47 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Well, you haven't told us (1) whether your are on UNIX or Windows nor (2)
what maintenance level (FixPack) you have, but I suspect that you have
NetView for Windows, and that it is the trapfrwd daemon which you are
talking about, and that you need the fix to PJ29283, which was a part of
FixPack2.
You should, however, apply the ;latest FixPack for 7.1.3, on Windows, which
is FixPack3 (FP0003), as it contains all the fixes in FP0002 and a good
deal more.  And you should consider moving to 7.1.4 (also at FixPack3)
since 7.1.3 will get one more FixPack and then it is done, never to be
updated again.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "Bernhard Zanker"
             <bernhard.zanker@
             serpro.gov.br>                                             To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [nv-l] NetView Deamon don't send
             06/27/2005 07:49          TRAPs ...
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Hi !

My NetView version 7.1.3 its configured to send TRAPs, but it only work
when I open NetView Console ... when I run NetView Deamon the system don't
send any TRAP !

Why ???

Regards,
Bernhard Zanker Jr