Réf. : [nv-l] Load host failed!

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Réf. : [nv-l] Load host failed!
From: "Denis PIAROTAS" <denis.piarotas@RTE-FRANCE.COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:37:19 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:50:31 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi all,

I have the same problem, if I correctly understand our question Alejandro : with a Windows 7.1.4 FP1 NetView version, two nodes are not linked with a WAN link, whereas it's a real one ! All the interfaces of the txo nodes are well discovered.  We made an ovtopofix, and one node was deleted only, witch wasn't one of the former, rediscovered with no place in the topology to put it.

I hope I have a solution : if your .seed is configured this a hierarchy (verify that you don't have a difference betwenn/etc/hosts and .seed file in your case), you simply go on the console to the higher level (by the way the "city" level), and you unmanaged the box. Then you manage it again. Consequently, all your maps will be repolled, and it could be the thing.

We 're on the way to test it, but I start in vacations for a week. I 'll tell you the result I anyone correct it or give you the right procedure. Let me remember if I forget.

Wish you a lucky week so !

Regards,

Denis Piarotas
RTE

Alejandro Gabay <Alejandro.Gabay@reuters.com>
Envoyé par : owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

07/07/2005 12:05
Veuillez répondre à nv-l

        Pour :        nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
        cc :        (ccc : Denis PIAROTAS/CN2I/GRT/FR)
        Objet :        [nv-l] Load host failed!

Hi All.
We are trying to add a previously deleted icon (IP 172.27.128.66) using loadhots command but fails. We have done it in the past so we know we are using the loadhost in the right way. The error message received was "ERROR Could not interface to node 172.27.128.66 in topology: Requested object is unknown"

When searching for the object using the attribute "IP Address" we get "No symbols representing objects found".
Also ovtopofix does not report any inconsistency.

Do you know what might be going wrong? How can we add the object back?.

NV 7.1.4 FP3 Solaris 2.8

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit http://www.reuters.com/productinfo