RE: [nv-l] Link down Trap

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Link down Trap
From: "Colin Mulkerrins" <Colin.Mulkerrins@anpost.ie>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:21:03 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:21:46 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Can I assume that you are running NetView on Windows (nvsnmptrap sounds like a windows command).

My experience is purely on UNIX so if this does not work apologies...

Assuming its the link down from netview6000 (1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3.1)
Try
trap No.          2
Specific No.    0

You should also be able to generate the trap from serversetup.

Regs

Colin M.