Re: [nv-l] Symbols

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Symbols
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:38:19 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:39:33 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
If they are showing up as a plain green box, that means that you must
update the /usr/OV/conf/oid_to_type so that NetView knows what kind of
device he has.  Then after you delete and rediscover the object, it will be
drawn with whatever symbol is specified for that type in
/usr/OV/conf/C/oid_to_sym file.

Getting new symbols is another ball game entirely.  We aren't shipping any
currently that I know of.  If a "4506" is a Cisco device, then Cisco
supplies custom symbols in Ciscoworks.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "Caballero,
             Herman - Herman
             E"                                                         To
             <Herman.E.Caballe         <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             ro@Lowes.com>                                              cc
             Sent by:
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                     Subject
             us.ibm.com                [nv-l] Symbols

             08/17/2005 09:56
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

How or where do I acquire new Symbols for Netview such as Switches (4506s).
We have upgraded most of our switches and they are showing up as a plain
square symbol.

Thanks you,

Herman