Re: [nv-l] mgragentd does not start

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] mgragentd does not start
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:13:08 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:14:18 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Well, start with error message.  Do you have an /etc/mgragent.defs file or
not?  If not, then I'd call Support and get one, but that would mean that
your installation did not go as well as you think.   If it's there, then
check the permissions; mine is r-xr--r--

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Mario Behring
             <mariobehring@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  NetView List
             owner-nv-l@lists.         <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             us.ibm.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/22/2005 07:15          [nv-l] mgragentd does not start
             PM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Hi list,

I have just installed NV 7.1.4 on a Solaris 9 box. The installation ended
successfully but when I run the netnmrc script I get the following error
on the mgragentd.log file:

3:37:50  14498 mgragentd - NetView SNMP Manager sub-agent for Solaris-2.5,
version 4.1, created Tue Sep 23 20:34:49 EDT 2003
3:40:48  15227 mgragentd - NetView SNMP Manager sub-agent for Solaris-2.5,
version 4.1, created Tue Sep 23 20:34:49 EDT 2003
7:15:19  957 mgragentd - NetView SNMP Manager sub-agent for Solaris-2.5,
version 4.1, created Tue Sep 23 20:34:49 EDT 2003
7:15:19  957 mgragentd - main(): init_objects(): unable to read
/etc/mgragent.defs: No such file or directory

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Mario

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs