Re: [nv-l] Upgrading an existing MIB

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Upgrading an existing MIB
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:35:19 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:35:49 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Sorry, Chris, what you see is what you get, I'm afraid.
 If the java loader won't unload the MIB because of dependencies, then you
have no choice but to unload those first and reload them later.  And no,
there is no reload option, not even from the command line.   We'll be
shipping the replacement MIB in the next round of maintenance, but that
won't help you now, I'm afraid.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             SIXFC@pjm.com
             Sent by:
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          To
             us.ibm.com                nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                                                        cc

             08/18/2005 01:11                                      Subject
             PM                        [nv-l] Upgrading an existing MIB

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

All,
        I received a more recent version of IF-MIB as part of a vendor
shipment (F5). There is an existing IF-MIB (rfc2233) loaded. When I attempt
to unload it with the Web Console MIB Loader, a lot of errors are generated
by MIBs that reference it and the process fails. I've done some searching
and I must be missing something. Is there a way to unload the old and load
the new MIB in the same operation? Or, do I have to unload and reload all
the referencing MIBs?

Thanks.
Chris Six
PJM Interconnection, llc