Re: [nv-l] error when i do ovtopofix -a

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] error when i do ovtopofix -a
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:34:44 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:35:40 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
An ovtopmd problem is not something you can really fix by yourself.  That
application error indicates a problem in the database.  There's either
garbage in some pointer or a field is null that shouldn't be, and ovtopmd
is not expecting it.   I think you have two choices:  (1) involve Support
to get the problem fixed eventually, or (2) simply take steps to try to
avoid it.

You could call Support and open a problem, and see whether there are new
ovtopmd fixes available.  Alternatively. if you can enable Dr. Watson to
get control when a process fails, instead of MS Dev, then they can send you
a an ovtopmd.pdb file with symbols in it, so that the drwatson32.log will
provide a stack trace for someone to look at.

You could also use serversetup to clear the databases and rediscover
everything so that the database is rebuilt.  Hopefully this will avoid the
problem you encountered.   If not, then you are back to option .

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "praveen kumar"
             <praveenkumar.nai
             r@ustri.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [nv-l] error when i do ovtopofix -a
             08/31/2005 04:09
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Hi all,

When I try to demand poll a router or any device it is not happening
,ovstaus shows all daemons running ,so I tried ovtopofix –a  after stopping
netmon ,then I tried to restart netmon ,then the below popup came up .
Running Netview 7.1.4 for windows with fix pack 3 .Do I need to rebuild the
server ?

Any thoughts ?
 True regards,
praveen