Re: [nv-l] Web Console - RDBMS

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Web Console - RDBMS
From: Gareth Holl <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:53:24 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:53:46 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

What Web Console are you referring to ? NetView's or TEC's ? Or are you talking about the Tivoli Desktop (Framework's GUI) ?

The NetView Web Console does not have anything to do with RDBMS, RIM, or Framework (MNs and TMRs).

The error message you provided does not look like a NetView Web Console error....can you provide more details about how you are starting the console and what you see......tell us what you do or type to at least get the sign-in prompt of the console that you're referring to.

What is the Oracle database for.......do you have TEC....are you trying to setup a RIM object for TEC ?? If not, why are you trying to setup a RIM object....who is it for ?

Gareth Holl
Advisory Software Engineer
Team Technical Lead

ITIL Foundations Certified
IBM Certified Deployment Professional
--Tivoli Data Warehouse v1.2
--Tivoli Enterprise Console v3.8 Network Management

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Software
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina, USA.

X X <tatakua2000@yahoo.com.ar>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

09/09/2005 04:31 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Web Console - RDBMS

Hi, Everybody.
I have two question,,

1. I have installed Netview 7.1.4 for AIX and is a MN
of my TMR. Whe i try to login to the Web Console it
said this
FRWUL0107E Could not sign on. Check all entries.-

2. I have to create the rim object, right now i have
do it. I want to knwo if I understood correctly what i
have to do.
  I have to create a DB in the Oracle server, I have
to assing rights and user to that DB. ( the oracle
server is not a MN)
   After that i to install the oracle client for
linux in my TMR server ( chi27 - that is a SuSe
Linux).
  And after all of this I have to create the RIM
object with
wcrtrim -v Oracle -h chi27  -d tivworld -u tivoli -H
/ora/drm/2/ORACLE -s tivdb.world tiv_usina

Thks. -

Fabian

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar