Re: [nv-l] Error retrieving mapdb field info: Null field value

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Error retrieving mapdb field info: Null field value
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:34:16 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:34:47 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Yes, you need to call Support back and continue this discussion with them
because this is a "should not occur" condition.
I hope you have a backup of your databases, because it sounds like the
mapdb is now corrupted.

I wish you luck.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Mario Behring
             <mariobehring@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  NetView List
             owner-nv-l@lists.         <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             us.ibm.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/12/2005 05:09          [nv-l] Error retrieving mapdb field
             PM                        info: Null field value

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Hi list,

I have a NV 7.1.4 with Fixpack 3 running on a Solaris 5.8 box. For some
reason the file value_info.ovf increased its size in 130MB in about an hour
and continued this way. I executed the commands below after consulting IBM
support:

nvturbodatabase space
nvturbodatabase speed
ovmapcount
ovtopofix -a
ovw_fields
ovw_config
ovw_verify
The problem is that now I have the following error message when trying to
open the GUI:

"Error retrieving mapdb field info: Null field value"

Any ideas ??

Thank you.

Mario