Re: [nv-l] Loading MIB error

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Loading MIB error
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:41:03 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:41:34 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
It's my guess that you got these errors in the past but committed the
changes anyway.  Now every time you load another MIB with the Java MIB
loader, you see the same error messages over again.  That's because, just
as it says, the loader parses your new MIBs with what's already loaded.  So
the errors are in what's already loaded.

It appears that you created a  directory  called "Cisco" in /usr/OV/MIBs
and have added MIBs to it.  We already have V1 copies of both the Cisco
Environ and VTP MIBs in the parent directory, so these would appear to be
copies you got from somewhere else.  And according to the error messages,
the loader cannot find /usr/OV/snmp_mibs/Cisco/CISCO-ENVMON-MIB.MIB.    So
either it was deleted from  /usr/OV/snmp_mibs/Cisco where it was when you
loaded it, or it was deleted from /usr/OV/www/mibs, where a copy of it is
placed when the changes are committed.   I think the only thing to do is to
unload that MIB, and then reload it, if you still have the copy somewhere.

And you also need to grep both those directories I just mentioned for the
string  CISCO-VTP-MIB.OwnerString  and see whether you can find a MIB which
contains that, because it is incorrect syntax.  If the loader error
messages are any guide, it's in the IMPORTS section of some other MIB.
When you figure out which one, you need to unload that one too.

If this is too difficult to figure out, then I suggest you call Support,
and they'll help

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Mario Behring
             <mariobehring@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [nv-l] Loading MIB error
             09/22/2005 02:15
             PM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Hi list,

I am having some problems when loading MIBs............I always get the
error below:

Processing File: /usr/OV/snmp_mibs/Cisco/CISCO-ENVMON-MIB.MIB
File /usr/OV/snmp_mibs/Cisco/CISCO-ENVMON-MIB.MIB is not loaded. It will be
skipped.
Resolving Imports.
Error: Cannot resolve reference to CISCO-VTP-MIB.OwnerString.
Parsing complete with no errors.
Select OK to commit the changes.

This CISCO-VTP-MIB appears in every MIB I try to load using the
mibloaderpanel command, even whe trying to load itself.

How can I work this around ?

Thanks.

Mario