Re: [nv-l] Nvmaputil -delete *

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Nvmaputil -delete *
From: Gareth Holl <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:22:43 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:22:01 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

You can wipe the databases clean (so as to re-discover from scratch) via the "serversetup" utility.....Once launched, choose "Maintain -> Clear databases -> Clear object/topology/map databases....."

This is documented in detail on page 266 of the NetView for UNIX Administrator's Guide along with other maintenance tasks you will inevitably need to perform on your NetView Server from time to time. Let me know if you need a link to the doc and I'll dig it up for you.

Cheers,

Gareth Holl
Advisory Software Engineer
Team Technical Lead

ITIL Foundations Certified
IBM Certified Deployment Professional
--Tivoli Data Warehouse v1.2
--Tivoli Enterprise Console v3.8 Network Management

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Software
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina, USA.

"Kain, Becki \(B.\)" <bkain1@ford.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

10/14/2005 04:20 PM
Please respond to

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Nvmaputil -delete *

How do i use this to delete everything out of the database, to start fresh?  Ovdelobj, which sounds like what i'd use doesn't look like it either.

Tia