Re: [nv-l] Netmon error !!!

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netmon error !!!
From: Gareth Holl <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:49:43 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 05:47:29 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Are you sitting at the Windows box when you are doing this or are you using a remote desktop tool of some sort, like Terminal Services  ?

Do the following from the Windows box itself (in other words, don't use a remote GUI/admin tool to access the Windows box):
- exit the NetView GUI if open
- open a command prompt
- type "net stop netview"
- type "net start netview"
- use the "Server Setup" GUI to check the status of all daemons........did netmon start ?

If not, check the nv.log for errors, in particular [netmon] errors. Also check the Windows Event Viewer for "Application" or "System" errors.

rpbala@hathway.com
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

01/19/2006 12:24 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] Netmon error !!!

Netview 7.1.4 on Windows.

I didn't do any database restore or reboot the box.

I have just stopped all the daemons from the server setup GUI and restarted again. All the daemons started fine except the netmon daemon.