[nv-l] Netview Security

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Netview Security
From: "Catalina Martinez" <Catalina.Martinez@tlc.state.tx.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 11:31:57 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:32:30 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello,

AIX 5.2 Netview 7.1.4 FP4

First of all thanks for your help on my previous post. I was able to
load the cisco symbols.

I have a couple of questions on security on Netview.

1) I Have a read-only map up and I am able to add/del smartsets, ruleset
editor, snmp configuration, seed file, and traps. Is this normal? How
can I limit access to these options (from a read-only map). I thought
read/write only had this type of access. I can not delete nodes on the
read/only map.

2) How can I turn on security on Netview. Can you point to the right
manual. Plus I also want to enable web console.

Thanks
Catalina