Re: [nv-l] NV Security

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NV Security
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:22:23 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:18:57 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
After you telnet'd in, did you login to NetView as well?  Once NetView
security is enabled even root has to login with nvauth before it can do
anything.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "Catalina
             Martinez"
             <Catalina.Martine                                          To
             z@tlc.state.tx.us         <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             >                                                          cc
             Sent by:
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                     Subject
             us.ibm.com                [nv-l] NV Security

             03/06/2006 10:25
             AM

             Please respond to
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

Hello List,

AIX 5.2 ML 6, Netview 7.1.4 FP4
I enabled security and now whenever I telnet to the server and log in as
root I can not run any Netview commands, such as ovobjprint. I get the
following error:
nvs_isClientAuthorized(): permission denied for "nvsec_admin".
 A IBM Tivoli NetView login is required to permit the requested operation.
authorized=0, status=36

I created a nvsecadm group and added root and a non-root user (since I
wanted nonroot to access nvsec_admin). but now root can not run commands?

How do I by-pass this besides turning off security?

Catalina