RE: [nv-l] A Authentication Failure Incorrect Community Name

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] A Authentication Failure Incorrect Community Name
From: "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn@pemcocorp.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:27:28 -0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 18:28:23 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Is the new server listed in the Intel (presumably Windows) SNMP config for Traps -> Trap Destinations?

If no, you probably need to modify the current setting or add a new one.

If yes, you might try to ping the new server and make sure name resolution is actually working and resolving to the appropriate destination.