RE: [nv-l] mib question/problem

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] mib question/problem
From: "Colin Mulkerrins" <Colin.Mulkerrins@anpost.ie>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:35:48 -0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:35:59 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Brett,

You are going to have to create traps from the mibs that are loaded
(NetView doesn't do it itself - unfortunately)

The command is mib2trap - check out the man page.  It creates traps from
the mib file

Good luck with this - I have had very little success as most mibs are
incomplete (they rely on other mibs for definitions) and hence will not
create all the required traps (unless you stack the mib files) - but it
will get you started.

Regs

Colin M.