Re: [nv-l] snmp collections not storing data

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] snmp collections not storing data
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:46:03 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:46:28 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Well, I am not  certain but I thought that the Windows GUI only accessed
the data in the flat files, not in the Access data base.
There is an option to make it store in both places.  try that for awhile
and see what happens.
If you have MS Access then you can look at the mdb files yourself.

Are you certain that you are getting data back?  The snmpCol.trace shows
successful gets?   You can turn on verbose tracing and see all kinds of
stuff.  but the trace file gets huge pretty quick.  Still it useful for
troubleshooting.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Mario Behring
             <mariobehring@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [nv-l] snmp collections not storing
             03/28/2006 11:23          data
             AM

             Please respond to
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

Hi list,

I have a NetView 7.1.4 FP04 running on a Windows 2000 Server machine.

I have several collections running but it seems that the data is not being
stored. Everytime I try to access the data through the "MIB Data" option at
the NV GUI, the window returns empty. I am not using any kind of filtering
or such when requesting to see the collected data.

The data should be stored at Access type databases (.MDB). The ODBC data
source is properly configured. The "System Data Sources" are:
      Snmpcollect_ds - Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)
      Tess_ds - Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)
      Topo2sql_ds - Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)
Any ideas ?

Thank you.

Mario