Re: [nv-l] MIB2Trap error again! RESOLVED

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MIB2Trap error again! RESOLVED
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:10:08 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 14:10:23 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Wonderful!  Good job, Larry!   You know more about this stuff than you
thought you did.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Larry Fagan
             <larrytechie@yaho
             o.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [nv-l] MIB2Trap error again!
             04/05/2006 09:06          RESOLVED
             AM

             Please respond to
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

Hi James,.
I understand very well. I figured out the issue.. It was a space problem on
few of the lines in files.. It works very well now..
Many thanks as usual.
Larry

James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com> wrote:
 We're talking the stand-alone utility mib2trap, and not the -- mib2Trap
 option on the java mibloader (mibloader.sh or mibloader.bat), right?
 Well, what's on and around line 301? What does the object called DEFVAL
 look like?
 Are you able to load this MIB with xnmloadmib2 (UNIX) or loadmibv2
 (Windows)?

 And you do know you can call Support for this, don't you? They are
 mandated to help. I don't sail this ship myself; I'm just another mate.
 Post what you see and perhaps I can make sense of it or perhaps another
 user has already dealt with this issue.

 James Shanks
 Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
 Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

 Larry Fagan

 o.com> To
 Sent by: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
 owner-nv-l@lists. cc
 us.ibm.com
 Subject
 [nv-l] MIB2Trap error again!
 04/04/2006 12:58
 PM

 Please respond to
 nv-l@lists.us.ibm
 .com

 James,
 please help again.. same problem as before.. I'm running mib2trap on
 cisc0-wclan mibs on one of the file below and i get error as
 " Errors - no script generated.
 Bad Object Identifier(DEFVAL): On or around line 301
 Bad parse of OBJECT-TYPE: On or around line 301"

 Part of the file is below:

 AIRESPACE-WIRELESS-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

 -- Airespace Wireless MIB
 -- Copyright 2005 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

 -- This SNMP Management Information Specification
 -- embodies Cisco's confidential and proprietary
 -- intellectual property. Cisco retains all title
 -- and ownership in the Specification including any revisions.

 -- This Specification is supplied "AS IS", Cisco
 -- makes no warranty, either expressed or implied,
 -- as to the use, operation, condition, or performance of the
 -- Specification.

 -- Date: 19 Dec 2005

 IMPORTS
 MODULE-IDENTITY,
 OBJECT-TYPE,
 NOTIFICATION-TYPE,
 Integer32,
 Counter32,
 Unsigned32,
 Counter64,
 Gauge32,
 IpAddress,
 TimeTicks
 FROM SNMPv2-SMI
 OBJECT-GROUP,
 MODULE-COMPLIANCE
 FROM SNMPv2-CONF
 DisplayString,
 RowStatus,
 MacAddress,
 TruthValue
 FROM SNMPv2-TC
 ifIndex
 FROM RFC1213-MIB
 airespace
 FROM AIRESPACE-REF-MIB;

 -- **********************************************************
 -- * MODULE IDENTITY
 -- **********************************************************

 bsnWireless MODULE-IDENTITY
 LAST-UPDATED "0303180000Z"
 ORGANIZATION "Airespace, Inc."
 CONTACT-INFO
 " Airespace
 Postal: 110 Nortech Parkway

 Many thanks as usual.
 Larry

 New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save
 big.