[nv-l] NetView directions....

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] NetView directions....
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 17:37:01 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 May 2006 17:38:01 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I am currently at the European Tivoli Technical conference. Happy to brain-dump on what I hear here when I get back!

This is what I have heard today - please understand that this is simply me reporting on what I believe I have heard - my ears may be wrong and you should check with your IBM rep for confirmation / changes / updates.

Listened to a presentation by Wing To (ex MicroMuse, now senior IBM'er) who said "Current plan is to go ahead with a new release of NetView Distributed in October". As ever, his comments were prefaced by saying all plans may change... but that seems to be the story as of today. Long-term , I get the impression that the MicroMuse product, Precision IP, will become the network management product with some sort of light-weight version being developed.

Cheers,
Jane

PS. If anyone has any specific questions in this area and wants to email me, I am happy to try and raise them this week (I go home Friday morning).

Scott Hammons wrote:
Congrats Praveen!  Maybe Jane can comment on the future of NetView, I've heard
things about it and the Micromuse tool....
Scott