Re: [NV-L] SNMP Datacollection

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] SNMP Datacollection
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:37:47 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:07:37 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
First, let's get clear about a couple of things.  It is netmon which writes
the uptime information, not snmpcollect.  And if netmon has a problem doing
that then one place you will see the SQL errors is in the nv.log.  But the
first thing to understand about the uptime summary information is that it
is not kept until a node first goes down and then comes back up.  A
discovered node must go down and then come back up to provide a starting
point for the uptime summary.  So if most of your nodes are up as
discovered and remain up, then they will not have uptime summary
information.

As for snmpcollect, the usual troubleshooting questions apply.  Have you
turned on the verbose trace of snmpCollect and seen what exactly he is
collecting and from whom?   Have you checked that all the community names
are correct?

Of course, if you think any of this is broken, then I would contact IBM
Support.

Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

             "ajith kumar"
             <ajithkumar007@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  NV-L@lists.ca.ibm.com
             nv-l-bounces@list                                          cc
             s.ca.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [NV-L] SNMP Datacollection
             08/29/2006 07:27
             AM

             Please respond to
              Tivoli NetView
                Discussions
             <nv-l@lists.ca.ib
                  m.com>

Hi List,

We have configured Netview with MS-SQL 2000 to collect data... We have over
1000 plus nodes discoverd and displayed on the netview topology map... and
close to 100 routers ...
But when we check the MS-SQL database table uptimesummarytable we see only
225 odd list and in the snmpcollectdata table we see only around 27
distinct ipaddress data..

Pls let me know how to get the full list.

Thanks in advance.

Best Rgds

Ajith
internal IBM'ers only)