Re: [NV-L] Screen Copy

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Screen Copy
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:49:58 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:08:49 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
NetView has the means to create postscript files, which print map snap
shots in black and white on a postscript printer, but those cannot be read
in an e-mail.  Presumably that is not what you are talking about.  Rather
you mean you'd like to insert something into an e-mail as an attachment,
like a tiff or a jpeg file, which can be opened in a browser, especially on
a Windows machine?

As I recall you are on AIX, and there is no native facility for that which
I am aware of to do that.  The native capture facilities like xwd create a
file which must be played back on another X-windows system, using something
like xwud, on another AIX machine, for example.  So if you have something
installed which creates jpegs, then it is some optional software.  AIX used
to have a product called "kapture".  Could that be it?

Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

             reamd@nationwide.
             com
             nv-l-bounces@list         NV-L@lists.ca.ibm.com
             s.ca.ibm.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/29/2006 11:00          [NV-L] Screen Copy
             AM

             Please respond to
              Tivoli NetView
                Discussions
             <nv-l@lists.ca.ib
                  m.com>

Hi All,
         I know there is a way to do a screen copy on Netview so that I can
put it in an e-mail, but I can not recall the command. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Dave

AIX 5.1.05
NV-L mailing list