|To:||Tivoli NetView Discussions <email@example.com>|
|Subject:||Re: [NV-L] NetView Discovery Issues|
|From:||Leslie Clark <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date:||Wed, 3 Jan 2007 22:28:34 -0500|
|Delivery-date:||Thu, 04 Jan 2007 03:30:52 +0000|
|List-id:||Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l.lists.ca.ibm.com>|
|Reply-to:||Tivoli NetView Discussions <email@example.com>|
You don't even need SNMP access to get them discovered. So something more basic is wrong.
Is this a Unix or a Windows server?
Check these things:
1) If you are using a seedfile, does it exclude the range of addresses that you are trying to discover?
2) Have you tried putting the router and switch addresses in the seedfile?
3) Is the map you are looking for them in a r/w map up?
4) Are you sure they are not in there already, maybe on some other node than you expect?
For that last one, try
nvUtil e '("SNMP ipAddress" = "xx.xx.xx.xx")'
5) Remember that a range in the seedfile only allows discovery, it does not force discovery. If they are found in the arp cache of an existing device, and they are allowed by the seedfile, they should be discovered.
6) Be sure you are not discovering by a virtual address. Try using the loopback address of the device. To tell if you are using a virtual, try
rnetstat -Ix xx.xx.xx.xx
and check the output to see if that address is in the list of addresses on the device. If it is missing, Netview will discard the node.
7) If you have more than one map, and the things were previously discovered in one of them, they must be deleted from all maps before they can be rediscovered.
8) Do these commands to reorg things that might have gotten out of wack:
close and open the map
Leslie A. Clark
IT Services Specialist, Network Mgmt
Information Technology Services Americas
IBM Global Services
(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager
I have 2 routers and 2 switches on the same subnet which NetView 7.1.4 won't discover. Each device is reachable via Ping and each one responds to SNMP polls.
Can someone let me know which MIB objects NetView reads and uses in order to add new subnets and /or devices?
Thanks In Advance,
_______________________________________________ NV-L mailing list NV-L@lists.ca.ibm.com Unsubscribe:NV-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org http://lists.ca.ibm.com/mailman/listinfo/nv-l (Browser access limited to internal IBM'ers only)
|<Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread>|
|Previous by Date:||[NV-L] NetView Discovery Issues, ss cc|
|Next by Date:||[NV-L] TEC_CLASS consolidation, Michael_Noonkesser|
|Previous by Thread:||[NV-L] NetView Discovery Issues, ss cc|
|Next by Thread:||Re: [NV-L] NetView Discovery Issues, ss cc|
|Indexes:||[Date] [Thread] [Top] [All Lists]|
Archive operated by Skills 1st Ltd
See also: The NetView Web