[NV-L] Serial Link description in GUI object

To: <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] Serial Link description in GUI object
From: "Zoeckler, Eric A." <Eric.Zoeckler@us.ngrid.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:10:45 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:16:57 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Patform:  AIX 5.2 Netview 7.1.4 FP3

Can anyone explain to me the meaning of the object label for a serial link?  For example, I have two, CISCO, multi-interface switches which indicate a serial link symbol with a label like this:  switchnameA:47:switchnameB:47  These two, L3 switches are connected by a trunk link (Gig ethernet).  My basic question is, what does the :47 mean?  Its not the interface.

Thanks for your help?

Eric Zoeckler
IT Analyst - Network Control Center
Data Center Operations
nationalgrid
Eric.Zoeckler@us.ngrid.com

**** For your information: the Rhode Island Operations of New England Gas Company have been acquired by National Grid and are now doing business under that name. ****

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to National Grid and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply to this message and let the sender know.