[NV-L] Netview Security

To: nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com
Subject: [NV-L] Netview Security
From: "Michael Brunelle" <michael.brunelle@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:43:43 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:11:57 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Hi everybody,

Netview version is 7.1.4.
Security has been turned on.

I was about to create a script for maintenance purposes.
That script would be running on a regular basis at a specific time...

In the script, the ovmapcount and ovtopofix command would be issued. But before running those commands, the user under who the script is running must be logged into Netview... I don't see how this user could be authenticated within the script. I don't want to write down any passwords with nvauth command...

Is there a way to exclude the ovmapcount and ovtopofix command from Netview authentication ?
Any other ideas ?

Michael