RE: [NV-L] Mibs/traps/oh my

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] Mibs/traps/oh my
From: "Kain, Becki \(B.\)" <bkain1@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:22:14 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:04:41 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

thank you for your answer.

why, though, would the trapd.log show binary characters, from DeviceA for TrapA, yet the trapd.log for DeviceB, sending the same TrapA, receives hex characters?  shouldn't the same trap, being received, from two different devices, look the same in the trapd.log *IF* the mib is loaded correctly?

thanks
becki kain