RE: [NV-L] ruleset

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] ruleset
From: "Erdey, Raymond M" <Raymond.M.Erdey@erac.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 13:32:42 -0500
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 03 May 2007 19:39:49 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

I had to develop our own maintenance mode tools for this purpose.  The tools support re-occurring maintenance events for devices or devices in a SmartSet as well as setting a device into maintenance move via a web page.

Sorry, but I can not share the code since it was developed at work, but the easiest way to do it is to set up a database or a flat file with the device name, start date/time of maintenance and end date/time of maintenance.   Then create a script that takes a device name as an argument and then checks the maintenance mode configuration to see if the device is in it’s maintenance window and return a value for true or false.  Then all scripts that alert from NetView would call this script and proceed or exit based on the returned value.

Raymond M. A. Erdey

Systems Administrator

Enterprise Rent-A-Car