Re: [NV-L] Layer 3 Events missing in trapd.log

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Layer 3 Events missing in trapd.log
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 14:41:01 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 25 May 2007 19:43:58 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

2000 events per minute is a trap storm. You event windows will never keep up with that amount of data. You need to shut off events from devices which are flooding you. Use the log to see which ones those are, and either reconfigure them to be less verbose or shut them off entirely. If you have to you can install an MLM as a trap receiver and him filter out duplicates..

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for "sudha g" <sudha.unix@gmail.com>"sudha g" <sudha.unix@gmail.com>

          "sudha g" <sudha.unix@gmail.com>
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

          05/25/2007 02:58 AM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

nv-l <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

cc

Subject

[NV-L] Layer 3 Events missing in trapd.log

Hi,

>From Netview, events are stopped and when i run "nvevents" command, there is no events in the event browser (it is blank). but i can see events in trapd.log file

We are getting lot of events from a messaging Server (average of 2000 events per minute) and in trapd.log i cannot find my other Layer 3 devices like node up/down,interface up/down events._______________________________________________
NV-L mailing list
NV-L@lists.ca.ibm.com

GIF image