RE: [NV-L] SmartSets Dilemma!!!

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] SmartSets Dilemma!!!
From: "Evans, Bill" <Bill.Evans@hq.doe.gov>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:53:41 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:59:18 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Been there.  Done that.  The "nvUtil -G >temp.file" command will list all your SmartSets in a file and I presume that "smartsetutil -G" will do that as well.  It only takes a little editing and you can then execute the result as a shell script which uses the "nvUtil a" command to add them to the new system.

The result of the query "smartsetutil g temp" :
   SmartSet: Temp
        Rule: isRouter=TRUE
becomes this to create the new one:

nvUtil a Temp "descriptive text" "isRouter=TRUE"
Repeat for each group in the "G" output file.  Forgive any errors in syntax on the smartsetutil side; I haven't worked with the Windows version for a couple years.

Bill Evans